Friday, November 27, 2009

What a great Thanksgiving! I wish I had the day off today, though, and that I could have slept in! I wish I could have just slept in, even if I do have to go to work - Alli woke up bright and cheerful at 4:15 this morning. She played nicely in her room, but....we were both awake. I finally gave up and got up at 5:15.

Thanksgiving was great - Auntie Inez is doing good - she is 92 now. Debbie (Pat's daughter) made Parkerhouse rolls (Auntie's specialty) and was asking for pointers from Inez - Debbie didn't think hers came out right. (They were wonderful - I hardly got to eat any because every time I put one on my plate, Alli would take it from me!) I was listening hard to Inez' pointers, just in case I ever try to make them too! Debbie also announced her engagement yesterday. She will be moving to Barbados! What a shock! I'm very happy for her!

What happens when you stuff everyone with turkey and all sorts of side dishes? They take a nap! Angela (Debbie's daughter), Alex and Allison all napped after dinner. (Alli and I napped after we got home too, which may be why she was up so early this morning!) The side dishes I took turned out pretty good. The honey glazed carrots weren't very glazed, but they had a nice flavor to them. Pat said that last time she glazed something, it took a long time for the glaze to thicken, so I may try cooking the glaze longer next time. The Brussels sprouts gratin was good too. Pixie (Larry's daughter) had brought Brussels sprouts too - luckily a different recipe - so we had plenty of Brussels sprouts! Pat made a roasted butternut squash dish that was wonderful as well - along with the wonderful dressing, gravy, sweet potatoes, white potatoes, turkey, etc. Too much good food!



Since I was making veggie dishes yesterday, I had the morning free, so....I pulled out my sewing machine and whipped up a hat and scarf out of fleece. I'm not real happy with the scarf - the design could use so work. (The design was mine - I had extra material left over from the hat - hmmmm - what can I do with this???) The first picture is a a bit blurry and over exposed, but it shows the hat off a bit better than the other.



I also took pictures of my snowflakes and gloves I have made recently. Our 'Christmas bazaar' starts Monday, so I will take them in to work today and try to get a display set up. I am undecided about whether I want them to sell or not. If they sell, I have to make replacements for my gift list. If they sell, I will have some extra money for Christmas shopping!

No comments: