Monday, November 09, 2009

Mission accomplished! Although my list wasn't really very long, I got almost everything done yesterday. I even did a few more things that I had planned! I made a clean spot in my kitchen, so spent about an hour scrubbing it down yesterday - not on my list, but I am very happy it is done! Alex and I spent some time outside yesterday and got the garden area pretty well cleaned out. I need to go back out and rake up the plastic pieces that we couldn't pull out. The plastic I laid out last spring worked well....for a while. If I had kept up on the weeding, and been able water with a drip, it probably would have been fine. As it was, the weeds still took over. I will try again next year, and modify the design a little bit and see if it helps. Little Brother will be down next weekend to rototill the garden for me, along with some other fall chores. Yippee!

Alex and I had just come in from cleaning up the trimmings and putting tools away yesterday afternoon - ready to move on to the next chore, when Ralph said he heard my cell phone chime a second before. I picked up the phone, wondering who was texting me on a Sunday, and it wasn't a text. It was a reminder of a scout meeting in town in 20 minutes! Alex flew into his scout uniform and I brushed off what dirt I could off of me, and off we went! Both of us had completely forgotten the meeting! We made it right at 4:00, but weren't the last ones there. It was only about an hour long, so I stayed in town for it. That is the officially reason I did not finish my chore list, really!

No comments: