Sunday, November 08, 2009

I did it! I didn't think I would, but I did! I stood in line for over 3 hours yesterday to get the kids vaccinated for H1N1. When we got there (at 10:55) it took us 5 minutes to walk to the end of the line. I already had started thinking of all the other things I could be doing, and why this wasn't going to work! I finally (after moving 20 feet in almost an hour) decided that we would stay until Alli started acting up, and then we would leave. Since we were there at lunch time, I expected her to start throwing a fit as soon as she got hungry! I had brought snacks and toys and a cup of water for her, but I didn't expect a 3 hour wait.

Alli was so good! She spun around and around and around most of the time. After the first hour and a half, we got into an area that had tables and planter boxes that could be used as seats, and she sat pretty much from there on out, playing with her toys, or just rocking. It was much easier for me to keep an eye on here while she was sitting than she she was spinning and walking around. Alex was a great help! He sat with her if she was too far away from me, and kept her occupied with her toys. I didn't have to break out the snacks until 2:00 - and she got her shot at 2:10.



This picture was taken as we were almost into the gym where they were giving the shot. This picture shows maybe a third of the line from when we got there. I didn't go look to see how longer the line was than this when we left, but it was at least this long still. Alex was so bored! He went back and sat in the car when we first got there, but even that got too boring for him.



We stopped at Burger King on the way home to pick up lunch for the kids - a reward or bribery??? Alli ate her lunch, wanted more, and since there wasn't any more, threw a fit. She walked into her room screaming, lay down on her bed, and fell asleep. Almost that fast. She didn't sleep long, but woke up in a much better mood. She ate an enormous dinner ,and went to bed early, too! It's tough work being good!

No comments: