Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happy Veteran's Day! A big 'thank you' to all veterans! I admit, I'm not doing anything special to honor vets today, but....still - a big 'Thank you" to all!

Someone forgot to tell Allison that today was a day off! She was up before 5:00 this morning! Oh well - I can use the time in better ways than sleeping, I suppose! She went to bed early last night, so I was expecting it.

Last night was Alex's end of season soccer party. It was held at a BBQ place - all you could eat BBQ sandwiches, salad, etc. The sandwiches came out on platters of about 15 sandwiches each, and the first three rounds went exclusively to the boys. When they were finally slowing down a bit, we parents could grab a couple of sandwiches of the plate before they were devoured. It was comical to see the boys gravitate to the new plates when they were brought out! There were 20 boys on the team, plus families, so it was a large group. AJ had 4 sandwiches himself, and he isn't a huge eater. They were very good - if you didn't mind waiting for the ravenous horde!

The coach had nice, funny things to say about each boy on the team. There was a lot more talk and stories for the boys that are seniors this year. Most of these kids have been at the school for several years, so I have seen many of them grow up. Looking around the room last night at all the 'boys' that were 12 and 13, and are now 17 and 18 - how fast they grow! AJ was honored for being able to 'fill in their shoes' when the seniors left - a reference to his size 13 feet!

I got flowers at church last Sunday! I did a Notary service for a couple from church, and they brought me flowers!



After church, I had AJ help me in the yard, and he trimmed up my roses for me. He trimmed my Fairy Rose bush, and we put them in a vase as well, so I have two vases of flowers! I hardly ever have flowers around the house, and now I have two vases!



Since I took Monday off, I decided that I needed a real 'vacation' day, and didn't do much around the house. I lazed around, watched TV, watched a couple of movies, and made a doily! It is a small doily - about 8 inches across, but it reminds me of Christmas! It is actually called 'Snowflake Doily', so....here it is!

No comments: