Sunday, November 15, 2009

Dave came down and did work around my yard for me! He got the garden rototilled, and hauled stuff to the dump for me. I managed to finish one yard job I wanted to get done - I'm proud of me! While Dave was working in the garden, I started cleaning up along the south fence. This is an area that is way overgrown - a peach tree that died, and has come back from the root stock, so we have nectarines, two rose bushes - one a rambling/wild rose that was growing up the oak tree, and one a beautiful coral color, but you couldn't get to it to pick the flowers, and some dead bushes that needed to be pulled out.

I couldn't cut through all the rose canes - they were too large, so I had to enlist Ralph for that part. I got the tree trimmed up, the roses cut back (the wild rose is actually cut back tot he ground - if it doesn't survive, I will be okay with that!) May next plan for the area is to make sure there is drip irrigation out there, and plant some more roses!



You can see how long some of the rose canes are. Dave said he had to fold some of them three times to get them in the back of the truck to haul off. He managed to make two dump runs for me - but needed a third! Our dump closes at 4:30 on Saturday, and isn't open on Sunday. (Shhh! Don't tell Ralph! It looks like we will have to fire up our truck and use it for a dump run!)

I still have time today (I hope) to do some more yard work. My hands are a bit stiff this morning, so I need to do something today to limber them up! (I was pulling grass out of the garden yesterday, as well as working the clippers - muscles I don't use too much sitting at a desk!)

No comments: