Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Another early morning around here. Alli was awake at 4:45! She didn't get up until 5:15 or so, but I was awake! For whatever reason, AJ slept on the couch in the computer room last night, so I woke him up this morning when I came in. He asked if it really was 5:30 and decided he was going back to sleep for a while. Lucky kid!

It looks like Dad may be moving back in to Susanville. He has agreed to go to the skilled nursing facility there, now to get his doctors to agree and to get him space there, etc. We are hoping he can be there before Saturday, and we can kidnap him for Thanksgiving dinner. I think that is the only reason he has agreed to move to the nursing facility - the chance to be home for Thanksgiving. They keep trying to convince him that we aren't sending him to the nursing home permanently- it's just a temporary measure to get him strong enough to go home.

We are busy at work - which is a good thing, but there is such a thing as too much of a good thing! I was hoping it would be a slow week because of vacations, but since I am short handed because of vacation coverage, we are still busy! I felt like I was pretty much at a dead run all day yesterday, and I don't think today will be much better. Maybe Wednesday? I think Friday will be slow because no one knows or cares that we are open on Friday - they are all either shopping or staying far, far away from the shoppers! (I vote for staying far, far away!)

No comments: