Saturday, October 24, 2009

Woohoo! It's Saturday! (and Alli got up at 5:30 - no sleeping in for me!) Just as well, I could use the time to do some housework today. It never ends, does it?? I did get a lot done last night - picked up the house and cleaned the kitchen, etc. At least I have a head start!

I finished some pumpkin bookmarks last night. I will take some pictures when there is a bit more light. I am pretty proud of these - I came up with my own pattern for them. I found one that was 'okay' but then tweaked it to look like I wanted it to. That just about finishes me up for Halloween, all I need is my pumpkin decorated - ready for Thanksgiving??? Not!

I have been working on Christmas stuff though! In between the pumpkins and scarfs, that is. I made a scarf/glove set for Dawn, since she headed up to cold country this week. (Okay - cold compared to here! She took off to spend a week up in Washington State, and then back to N.C. and then Florida on a whirlwind tour.) I have quite a few snowflakes crocheted, but not stiffened, and I have bought several new pairs of gloves to embellish. That is my new plan of attack! I need to get ready for a craft show the first part of December, and I need to build my stash up! If I don't sell everything (I wish!) the rest will be Christmas presents.

No comments: