Friday, September 18, 2009

I'm glad I didn't open the bank the other day - we had a rock through one of our windows during the night! It was eerie enough clearing the branch before - now I really do have something to look for! The window is out by our ATM, so the 'villains' will be on our security cameras, but....still probably won't be caught. It looked like pretty random activity - not someone trying to rob the bank, so not a lot of resources will be put on the case, I'm sure.



Today starts the U-Prep soccer tournament. AJ has a game at 3:00 today, and one at 7:00. I can make the 7:00 game - I just hope he gets to play! I went out to the last game, and got there in time for the second half, and AJ didn't play at all during the game. He was a little upset about it, but - that's life! The coach already told them that he was going to play to win this season. The game prior, AJ had pulled up 'injured' and didn't play well, and I assume that had some impact on the coach's decision to not play him. Something was going on with his lungs/chest - he said he felt like he couldn't breathe after running for a short time - but it usually went away if he stopped running. He hasn't had a recurrence, so....I'm not too worried. We'll see if it was a one-time deal or if he has a problem. He asked me what I thought could be the problem and we ran through a few possibilities - strained chest muscle, beginning of a cold, asthma, blood clot in the lung.....I think he felt a bit better knowing it probably wasn't as bad as it could be! (That old reverse psychology strikes again!)

Tomorrow is the second day of the tournament - I'm on snack bar duty at 7:30, and AJ plays his first game at 9:00, and his second game at 11:00. His last game will depend on how well they do - the winner will be playing at 4:00. It is going to be a long day!

Alli came home last night with a note in her backpack - can you please send an apron in with Allison? Sure - if I had one! Then - I decided on a whim to make her one! I can do this! I pulled out a cheap tablecloth I had never used - still in the package, waterproof on one side, soft fuzzy on the other, and...using my apron for a pattern, cut one out. Everything went really slick....until my sewing machine decided it didn't like sewing that plastic material. It went along with me for a while, and then just dug in its heels and wouldn't do it. By that time, I had part of a side seam and the hem to go, so I limped through the side seam, and the just did a zig-zag stitch for the hem. It isn't pretty, but it will work (I hope)! I used some bias tape I had here for the ties, since it was obvious I wasn't going to be able to sew them, and....it will work! (If not - it at least bought me some time before I can pick one up, or....do a better job on sewing one!)

No comments: