Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Summer still reigns in Redding - we were 106 at the house yesterday, and it is expected to be hotter today - 110! At least this time of year, it cools down at night - which helps a lot. In July, when it was this hot, it stayed hot even at night. The poor AC ran almost constantly - as I can tell from my electric bill! We usually use the swamp cooler, but when it gets that hot, the swamp just doesn't help. It is doing better for this heat wave - probably because it was 65 this morning when I went out, not 85!

Today was the first day of tryouts for soccer - which means AJ has to be at the school by 6:15 a.m. I am glad they are running in the morning instead of the afternoon heat, but 6:15??? That means we have to leave the house at 5:55 at the latest! (Which means I am getting up way too early!) Alli was up this morning before I left, so I got her up and dressed and ready to go as well, and took her in with me, so she didn't destroy the house while I was gone.

Here are a few of Ralph's pictures from Yosemite. He didn't take a lot of pictures, at least compared to me! I took almost as many pictures of the baby ensemble I made!


Speaking of baby ensembles - here is one of those pictures!

No comments: