Saturday, August 15, 2009

The last weekend before school starts - the last weekend of freedom (for the kids at least!) I still need a couple of odds and ends for Alli for school - some new shoes and a new lunch box. She may have stopped growing - her shoes still fit, they are just worn out. (She drags her feet when she walks!)

Last weekend, I had AJ change the water in the dog's water bowl (a 5 gallon bucket) - a chore he does daily in the summer, and I went out later and saw the weirdest thing! It stayed that way until the dogs got a drink a couple of hours later! The dog's toy was dropped in the water, and all the 'slobbers' stayed on top - weird! I had never seen anything like it - a perfect image on top of the water!



Since Ralph is gone this weekend, I cheated with dinner last night, and did something I rarely do - got Kentucky Fried Chicken for dinner! I had to make more potatoes for us, but otherwise, that was all I had to do for dinner - and then clean up - heaven! I got the new 'grilled' chicken, and AJ and I weren't that excited about it. I am sure it is healthier for us, but we missed the flavors in the coating (that is deep fried - yum!) It was a nice change - to just pick up dinner and serve! Usually, I will do take and bake pizza, which requires actual work from me, and a waiting period. With AJ's help, we had almost no wait time last night - he got Alli set up for me while I got instant potatoes going, and they were done just in time for us to sit down. (Okay, you can tell I never do take-out when I am this excited about not having to cook!)

I got one call from Ralph yesterday saying he had made it to Modesto with no problems. I was away from my desk, so he left me a message, so he must be having a good time - no other news from him! They are off to Yosemite this morning. I am hoping he takes some pictures for me, since I haven't made it there yet. Maybe next summer!

No comments: