Monday, August 10, 2009

I made it up and back to Susanville - and saw why 44 was closed. These pictures are taken from the car at the top of the grade outside of Old Station. There were still hot spots on both sides of the road when I came back through on Sunday even. Only one outbuilding was lost, so the towns of Old Station and Hat Creek were lucky! I don't think the fire got my favorite campgrounds along Hat Creek, but it burned down to the creek on the other side of the campgrounds.



The reunion was fun - but not a lot of people (considering the size of the class) showed up. I think there were 90 people expected, so 40-50 were classmates. Not too good for a graduating class of 180. I know of several that live in Susanville that didn't come, and quite a few that couldn't travel there. (I understand why those that had to travel couldn't make it, but those that live there???)



I'm in front - on the left - hiding! There was a professional photographer, and I'll post a picture of that when I get a copy. This was 'stolen' from a friend facebook page - her husband took it while the professional was taking pictures. I took a few, but the lighting was bad inside, and no one was outside until the lighting was bad out there, too!

No comments: