Sunday, August 16, 2009

I got my upper body workout yesterday! (too bad I spoiled it by eating chips for lunch - now, eating chips with lunch would have been okay, but only chips for lunch? Bad idea!) I scrubbed carpets yesterday, and pushing that machine around definitely worked my arms. Then, I helped AJ scrub down the pool - more arm work! That's okay, I did one big chore that I had been meaning to do for a while, so I am happy! I know they won't stay clean, but....for the moment, I can dream, can't I?

After all that cleaning, I sat down and finished up the baby ensemble I was working on. I made an afghan, a hat, and two pairs of baby booties (one for a girl and one for a boy) for a silent auction being organized by a co-worker. I was all ready to pack it up and take it in to her tomorrow, but....Ralph has the camera, and I want to take a picture of them before I send them off! I guess it will be Tuesday before I can post a picture! The afghan and hat are done in white, with a little applique chick on the hat. Since it is for a silent auction, I didn't want to do it in pick or blue to discourage someone from bidding on it. The girl booties are the little sandals that I make all the time, also done in white, and the boy booties are cowboy boot done in blue and white. I put a pink sock stuffed with tissue paper in one of the sandals, so you can see what it is, and stuffed one of the boots as well - better visuals! I also finished up a hat for a co-worker's new grandson, due next month. Now, to make a pair of booties for him, and I will be done with baby stuff for a while. I am planning on making little sneakers for him. Hopefully I will get them done today as well, so I can take pictures of everything on Monday!

Ralph called last night - Yosemite is beautiful, but he is taking a break today. After the ride down on Friday, and then all day yesterday on the bike, he was going to stay home and help out on some yard projects, rather than ride back into the park and around. The park is full of people. He said he took some pictures for me too! (He also said I was right, he should have put in more bike time before the trip, so he wasn't so sore from the highway travel!) Maybe he'll get some more bike time after the trip now - just to keep in practice!

No comments: