Thursday, August 06, 2009

Flashbacks to last summer - fires all around. A dry lightning storm went through yesterday afternoon to the west of Redding. I haven't heard yet this morning if there were any new fires, but the news last night said (unofficially) that fires had been reported around Weaverville and Willow Creek. Highway 44 to Susanville is closed at Old Station, and Highway 89 to 299 is closed there as well, with Highway 70 with one lane controlled traffic. Since I am going to Susanville tomorrow, I may have to go through Red Bluff to get there!

The family campout was canceled (I think - I haven't heard from anyone yet!) Since you have to use 44 to get there, I can't make it, but 44 was open when Ronna was planning on going up, and it was open for a short time when Mom and Dad were planning on going up. The last I heard, they weren't going, but....then the road opened, so maybe they did! The fires are not in that area, so they aren't in danger, it is just the closure of the road that keeps me from getting there. Oh well - summer in California!

One more day (today!) and I am off for four whole days! Yippee! Off to Susanville for the weekend, and then Monday off for me (mostly). I have to go to 'arena day' for Alex and pick up his schedule and turn in his forms, etc. Then the day is mine! I think I am as excited about that as I am the whole weekend in Susanville (which is my reunion). I'll probably waste the day away by cleaning house or something though. I usually do! (and it usually needs more than one day!)

No comments: