Saturday, July 18, 2009

It hit 107 this afternoon - I took a nap! I have a long list of things to do, but they all need to be done before it gets over 90 degrees (pull weeds in the garden, wash walls in the bathrooms, scrub the bathrooms, mop floors - anything involving hot water), which means they have to be done before 10:00 a.m. That didn't happen today! The kids and I all had a hair appointment this morning at 8:15, and I had meeting at the church this morning at 10:00. By the time I got out of there, ran by Wal-Mart for a few things, it was too hot (for me!) to clean. So I did the next best thing - I took a nap. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day for chores???? (Maybe not!) Maybe tomorrow will be a little cooler????? (Probably not!)



I finished up another small doily - this one is about 10 inches across, done in a pale yellow. My next project is a baby ensemble. Someone at work is having a grandbaby in September. I know I can get the blanket done, but I don't know what else I can (will??) get done between now and then. I won't work too much on the blanket later on, either. It is small enough now that it isn't too bad to hold on my lap, but when it gets big, and it's hot, I probably won't work on it. I know we won't stay at 107 forever, but we got so spoiled with a late spring, that the heat is more noticeable this year.

No comments: