Sunday, July 26, 2009

I walked into the living room yesterday, and Rufus was on top of the bird cage, staring down at the birds. I yelled for him to get down, and as usual, was ignored. It was just as well - I could grab a couple of pictures while he was there! The quality isn't that great - just a bit fuzzy - but since it was inside, there wasn't quite enough light, and I didn't want to get too close to Rufus and scare him down before I had the pictures - or so I thought! I had to actually pick him up and physically remove him - he wasn't going to jump down from there!


The birds don't look too bothered at all. That may explain why I lose one every once in a while - they get a just a bit cocky about being safe in the cage!

I've adventured out recently in my cooking skills. This last week, I've made kabobs twice! I am terrible about cooking the same thing over and over again - it tastes good, it is easy, and usually, it is quick. I found a few recipes in Good Housekeeping (I think) that sound good, and I gave them a try. They aren't quick - the meat needs to marinate, but they are good! So far, everyone will eat them.

Ralph is planning a trip to Yosemite next month, and I was showing him how to use my camera, and took a before and after picture of my Chipotle and Orange kabobs (using the pre-set options on the camera).

No comments: