Sunday, July 12, 2009

I thought I might have a nice quiet morning this morning. I got up at 6:00, and Alli was still asleep, and so were the boys. That lasted long enough for me to get a cup of coffee. Now, Alli is up, and the boys are stirring. I did get two (sort of) volunteers to wash my car - for a price. AJ wants to start a game that is $15.00 a month, and Dallas needs money to renew his membership to the game. I might have to see what chores I can find around here for them to do! AJ still has to show me he can get some work in on his summer projects, but with the computer down for the last two weeks, he had a good excuse for not working on them.

Since I got absolutely nothing done yesterday, I have a ton of chores to do today. I'm feeling a bit better today, so maybe I will get some things done around here (besides the minimum - laundry, cooking, cleaning, etc.) Then again, I'm not feeling that much better, so I may be happy to just get the required chores done today. I do have 'company' coming over to pick veggies from the garden after church, so I might even get a good visit in, today.

Here is a doily that I finished last week - done in a light sage green - though it is hard to tell with my photo. It is small - around 10 inches or so, I think.


Here is one of the problems we had recently too! We had a leak in the front yard. It was a quick fix for the landscaper that came, but I think we procrastinated a bit longer than we should have!




Poor kitty - no one will let him go outside!



If you look closely, you will see a preying mantis on the hollyhock. We must had had a hatch of them around here - this was the second one I saw.

No comments: