Wednesday, June 17, 2009

We had a visitor yesterday! I don't think I have ever seen a dragonfly this color! I noticed the hummingbirds dive bombing him, so when he settled down on the pool fence, I took his picture!


Since I was out there, I took a picture of the flowers out in the pool area. They are doing well so far, too! Of course, they are petunias and dusty miller - both of which are hard to kill (though I have manage to do it before!)


We switched to DirecTV yesterday, and since I had to sit around for a few hours while the guy was installing, I made myself an apron for my clothespins, since I now have a clothesline! I picked up a 'simple' pattern and dug through my extra material, and was kicking myself for not paying enough attention to the pattern when I picked it out. I could have made one from scratch easier! It wasn't that it was a hard pattern, but it had all sorts of 'pretty' techniques, like it finished all the the edges with seam tape - including the pockets. Since I wasn't 'that into' making an pretty apron (the material was pretty enough - I didn't need to use contrasting tape, etc.), I did everything the old fashioned way, which meant I didn't follow the pattern directions at all. Even the pocket was different - the pattern had two pockets in front, and I needed one large pocket. Since it has been quite a while since I sewed anything but my mending, I was pretty happy with the finished product! I even got my mending caught up!
Rufus has undergone a name change. Since he is Ralph's cat, Ralph decided he wanted to call him TS Elliott, so...a new name! Just in time, too. Elliott went to see the vet yesterday and came back a changed cat. I don't think he hid under the couch at all last night! He must have decided that we 'rescued' him from the vet's office. He was very friendly last night, and wanted lots of petting. For the first time, he lay down in my lap while I read! (of course, he was still on drugs and couldn't walk a straight line!) This morning, he is still pretty active - including attacking poor Lucy. I thought neutering was supposed to make them less aggressive!

No comments: