Friday, May 15, 2009

We had a very exciting day yesterday! Allison's teacher called me because she was just so excited, she couldn't wait! As usual, when Alli got to school, the school staff took her to the bathroom, but, since daycare toilets her before she gets on the bus, she didn't go. About a half hour later, Alli got up, all by herself, and went in and went to the bathroom! She did it twice yesterday! All by herself! Yippee! When Lynda called me, I had to make an announcement to my co-workers - just because! Yippee!
We also got our 'new' sprinkler fixed. On Wednesday morning, as I pulled out of the driveway, I noticed a sprinkler where I didn't think we had one - over the pump! Needless to say, I was not a happy camper! I called Ralph, and he misunderstood what I was talking about (though why he didn't see it when he pulled out of the driveway 3 minutes before I did, I'll never know!) He waited until he got home that night to take a look at it, and then called for repairs. Luckily, it was just a $5.00 part to fix it. Unfortunately, it was a $95.00 service call change to replace the $5.00 part. That's okay - I was worried we would have to replace the pump! $100.00 is cheap compared to that! Since the guy was here, and it was an easy fix (and I think he felt bad about the cost of the service charge for so little work) he took a look at what he could on the pump and lines, and said they all look good, so we got a check-up on the pump at least!

Here's the 'new' sprinkler!

No comments: