Monday, May 18, 2009

Talk about the best laid plans! I got up early this morning (5:00 a.m.!) so I could shower and get ready for work before Alli got up, as she has been getting up around 5:30 lately. What happens? It is 6:00 and she isn't up yet! I've putzed around a bit this morning, trying to be quiet. Lunches are packed, everything is done except feeding the dogs (and Alex). What a treat - a quiet morning!

I think we wore Allison out yesterday. She went swimming for about 45 minutes, and most of that was spent in the deep end, spinning and playing. Then, I didn't put her to bed until 8:30. She had a busy day! I took advantage of the day yesterday as well, and went shopping for her. She now has two new swim suits ($10.00 each from Ross!) 2 pairs of shorts, two new sets of jammies, and three new shirts. She is set for summer - for a while at least. I need to take AJ out and get him some new summer clothes as well, but I don't dare just buy him something. I did pick up a pair of swim trunks yesterday, and...they will do, but not what he likes. It figures. Swim suits just don't last from season to season around here for the kids, so I have to replace them every year.

Alex watched slasher movies all day yesterday. Poor child - he is so bored! He is on restriction for poor academic performance - we got a deficiency notice last week. He isn't getting bad grades because of tests, he is getting bad grades because he wasn't doing the homework. Funny - we put him on full restriction, and it only took him one day to get the backlog of homework done! He has raised his grades up, so he is now getting B's and C's, but he is still on restriction. Hopefully, he is learning something. I don't guarantee it, but I hope he is!

No comments: