Friday, May 22, 2009

Allison was up at 5:00 again this morning! You would think I would use this time constructively, wouldn't you? Oh no - all I did was drink an extra cup of coffee! All those things I 'could be doing' are still waiting to be done. Oh well, there is always 'later', right?

Alex has a doctor's appointment today - lucky him. I had an appointment scheduled for today because he needs a physical for scouts - no big deal. He also wants to talk to the doctor about his acne. Again, no big deal. Yesterday, around 10:30 (while I was in a meeting) Ralph tried to get a hold of me. Alex was at the nurse's office at school. He had reached down to pick up a binder at school, and felt a 'pop' by his shoulder blade, and he couldn't move his arm now. Lovely! When I called Ralph back, he was almost at the school. I told him to talk to the nurse - she has been observing Alex for the last 15-20 minutes, and would probably be the best person to tell us the severity of the problem - if he needed the doctor that day, or could wait until we already had an appointment - needed an emergency room trip, whatever. The nurse said it was fine to wait - just alternate heat and ice, take some Ibuprofen, and massage the area. I also called the doctor, and he was fine with him waiting as well. As of last night (when I got home), Alex could move his arm, just not a full range of motion. Lovely - it's always something with that kid! (I figured he wasn't too badly hurt - he called me at work and asked if he could go over to Dallas's when he got home - the answer was 'no' and he wasn't very happy with me!)

No comments: