Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Yesterday reminded me of why I don't do daycare. Alli and I were at loggerheads all day! I'm guessing it was mainly because of boredom on her part - Spring vacation has been going on since last Friday. We went through three changes of clothes because of things she got into in the kitchen. Well, one change was because she scraped her elbow while jumping on her bed and needed a blood-free shirt, but you get my drift. She was getting into things she has never gotten into before - as soon as I turned my back to work on something. And this was all before noon! I went to pick up Alex at noon, and after that, she was better about not getting into things, but her temper! She had a huge temper-tantrum, and I don't even know what started it. I was more than ready to go to scouts last night and leave her to her Dad. Of course, she was a perfect angel for him!


Here she is, pouting in her corner - something new I've never seen her do before. She has really been doing a lot of 'new to me' things lately. Little things, like pouting in the corner, but they are new! Her bed is a mess because she was bouncing on it, and I had to wash her cover, as she was bouncing on it with a bleeding elbow. Poor thing!


Alex and I did get the rest of the garden put in yesterday. I still need to go stake down the plastic some more, but I ran out of stakes. I have 5 tomato plants - only one cherry tomato! - and 4 pepper plants, though I may pick up some more of those, and two rows of 'purple' green beans, and lemon cucumbers and Armenian cucumbers. All done for now! The fun starts when everything starts coming up. I really hope the plastic will keep the weeds down a bit this year, and kill off the nut grass. I am a lazy gardener, and the weeds take over my garden by the end of the season. I always have good intentions, but no follow-through! Maybe this year will be better.

No comments: