Sunday, April 26, 2009

A nice quiet weekend! Yesterday was less hectic than I thought it would be - Ralph helped out by running kids for me! Allison had a baseball game in Shasta Lake City at 8:30, and Alex had a soccer game at 10:30 at the Soccer Park, but he had to be there at 9:45 for pictures, and then he needed to go out to the Camporee for scouts. I lucked out, and only had to go to Alex's game. Ralph took Alli to her game - the first one he's made it to this year, and I took Alex to his game. Ralph ran Alex out to the Camporee after the game, and I took Alli with me to the grocery store. It is about a 30 minute drive to the Camporee from here, and he is less than two miles away as the crow flies! That two miles is across the airport from here, and there is no direct road, hence the 30 minute drive (mostly on dirt roads)

Alex's team won their game by 4 or 5 goals - I stopped counting. They lost their game last weekend by the same amount. Some of the kids on the opposing team were kids he played with last year, and from school. I sat with one of the mom's I met last year, so it was a disappointing game to be so one sided. I know the other team was missing at least one player because of scouts - he is in Alex's troop, and he was already at the Camporee. It was good for our team's spirit - they were pretty set back by the last game. They did practise hard between games, with lots of coaching in 'playing together' and did play well together, they were just running circles around the other team yesterday.
After running to the grocery store, I started cleaning house - yuck! I did do one chore I had been putting off for far too long - scrubbing the frig! I pulled everything out and washed shelves, etc. Today is laundry day, and maybe....a little work outside? I didn't get out yesterday. I spent most of the day cleaning! Ralph has put drip lines in to water all my plants in the front flower bed, and my beans are coming up nicely. My cucumbers, though - it doesn't look good. I only saw a couple of sprouts yesterday. More should be coming up than that. I may see if I can get plants and transplant them, if the bugs are going to eat my seeds and sprouts! (I'm blaming the bugs - not my gardening skills, okay?)

No comments: