Saturday, April 18, 2009

Busy Saturday today! Alli has a baseball game in Shasta Lake City at 8:30, I have a Trustee's meeting in Anderson at 10:00, Alex has a soccer game at 2:30, and then we are headed up to Susanville to catch part of Dad's birthday! We won't catch much of it - by the time we get through Alex's game, and he showers (I'm not driving for two hours with him after a game without a shower!) we probably won't get out of here until close to 5:00, which puts us in Susanville close to 7:00. Luckily, none of the items are high stress things. Alli's game is fun, because she really doesn't care if she is there or not. It won't upset her, and will probably make her happy, when we have to leave early for me to get down to Anderson by 10:00.


Alex and I got the front flowerbed planted yesterday. We put in the border, and petunias and allysum (spelling? - not much better than last time!) The border involved a bit of digging, especially around some big tree roots, but Alex took care of that part for me. Ralph is supposed to run some more drip line out for me to water the new plants I put it. If not, it may be time for Alex and I to figure out how to do that! I got replacement tomato and pepper plants yesterday, too, but they have not gotten planted yet. That is on my agenda between my meeting and the soccer game today. (I had Alex take the plants out to the garden as soon as we got home, and out of sight, out of mind - I completely forgot about them until last night!)


I even talked Alex into a bike ride yesterday! I am doing good with getting out more! That will probably come to a halt as soon as I go back to work, but it was fun this week!

No comments: