Monday, April 20, 2009

Back to work today! Bummer! I did get quite a few things on my to-do list done, but not nearly enough. The kids are still out of school today, so Alex spent the night at Dallas, and Alli will go to Sandy's for the day.
Saturday's baseball game went well. Alli's team only had 5 players show up, and since the inning is only long enough for everyone to bat, we finished up early. I still missed the last few batters from the other team, since I had to go down to Anderson for a meeting, but we caught most of the game. Alli is really improving! She is actually breaking out into a run between bases (sometimes) and she actually hit the ball off the T all my herself this time. Usually, I stand behind her and hold her hands on the bat and make her swing. Saturday, I just put her hands on the bat, and let her swing it herself. She didn't really swing the bat, but she did poke the ball off the T. As one of the coaches said, each year she improves a little bit, and this year she seems to really be having fun out here. We'll take it!
Alex's game on Saturday wasn't quite as good. They lost by quite a bit (6-2??) and it was hot! The thermometer in the car had 86 degrees, and they play on artificial turf, which is hotter. Alex hurt his ankle in the tail end of the game. It's recovering pretty well, but it acts up if he rolls it or steps wrong.
We made our flying trip up to Susanville. Dad seemed to like his new blanket I made (believe it or not - I forgot to take pictures!) It was a fleece John Deere blanket. He shared with Allison while we were there. Dad still isn't getting around much, but he's 'better than he was'. His home nurse (checked in once a week) is going away this week, and so will his in-home therapist, so he will have to start going in to town for therapy. He wants to start driving, but Mom and my brother won't let him - his reflexes are not up to speed at all.

No comments: