Friday, April 10, 2009

April showers bring May flowers! We had about 1/3 of an inch of rain yesterday from this storm. Better than nothing, I guess! We are a lot drier here than in town. I am sure Redding proper got more rain than we did! Still, it was nice to get something. Last time I checked, we were 10 inches below normal for the year. I'm sure I will get more details from Ralph when he gets up and looks at the weather station data.

Today is a short day at work - we close at 1:00. My original plan called for taking Alex out for lunch, but since he missed two days of school with the stomach flu, I'm not taking him anywhere! He feels much better now (hmmmm - coincidence that he is out of school for a week?) but I still don't want to take him out for something heavy! Maybe I will try to get some Easter shopping done. I haven't done anything in the way of Easter Baskets this year - and I probably won't do a lot, but...I will do something. It is just hard to find anything to put in a basket for Alex. Alli is easy - candy! Alex may get the same! I may add some i-tunes or something to it, we'll see what I can find!

I finished the baby hat last night, but I still need a button or something to put on it to decorate it. That's on my shopping list for today too. My list is growing! I started making a list of things I want to do while on vacation next week - I think I need more time off! There just isn't enough time to do everything! (Though I usually run out of enthusiasm before I run out of time!)

No comments: