Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Good news! Dad came home from the hospital today! Unfortunately, no one from the hospital had contacted Mom about Dad coming home. She was already on her way in to Reno when my girlfriend stopped by to see Dad. Cindy called me to see if I knew Dad was coming home, or if I knew if Mom knew that he was. I don't suppose it was a big deal, since Mom was already on her way in to Reno, but it would have been nice if she had known, and had brought some clothes for Dad. He was sent to Reno without his clothes via ambulance, so I had this vision of the hospital giving him a couple of those gowns and sending him out of the street to walk home - mostly naked! The Nevada (almost constant) winds would have had him arrested for indecent exposure in no time! Cindy said he was doing a lot better this visit than when she saw him last Friday, of which I am glad. I don't think the guy I saw on Saturday was ready to come home at all! He was still pretty weak. He must have started eating his veggies!


On the bad news side, Ralph is down with pneumonia. He went to the walk-in clinic on Saturday, and they gave him antibiotics for bronchitis. He was still feeling bad on Monday, so went back in. The good news, the drugs worked on the bronchitis, but the bad news, now he has pneumonia. He went to his regular doctor this morning, and he is doing better, but was told he needed to take it easy still. He doesn't have much choice. Anytime he does more than just sit, he starts coughing, and feels bad. He went in to town to pick up the kids this afternoon (I had a nail appointment after work) and he said it about killed him. I think I am running the kids the rest of the week.


We are definitely 'running the kids' now. AJ has started soccer practice, Tuesdays and Thursdays. Alli has baseball practice on Thursdays, but missed last week because she was sick. I don't think she will make this Thursday either - I can only do one kid at a time! Since she really has no interest in practice, I am opting to take AJ in for his practice. Alli has her first game this Saturday. Unfortunately, I will be in Sacramento with Alex for a Boy Scout meeting, so she probably won't do that either. Alex's games start the following week. Between scouts, school and sports, we will be busy running for awhile!


I stayed home with Alli on Monday, and (with a little more work last night) finished up a doily. It didn't turn out like the picture, and I had problems following the directions, so I am pretty sure it was me! The directions weren't hard - they were just different! I tended repeat myself in a pattern, and this doily wasn't supposed to be square - the pattern didn't 'repeat' the same for each side. By the time I figured out I was doing it wrong, I decided I liked the look of it anyway, so just kept going!

No comments: