Saturday, March 28, 2009

For sale, cheap! One sweet little girl. She was much sweeter, but I had to give her a shower. If I have ants in my kitchen, and the hummingbirds starve to death, it is all her fault!

I made a batch of hummingbird food this morning, and it was cooling on the stove (boil 4 parts water, 1 part sugar) when I heard little splashing noises coming from the kitchen. Since I used 12 cups of water, I used a large pan. Large enough that Alli could get her whole face down in the pan. She had sugar water all over her face, in her hair, all over the floor, down the front of her clothes.....if only I had the camera! I didn't dare go and get the camera - I would have had more sugar water everywhere. As it was, I had to give her a bath and mop[ the whole kitchen. Alli is very careful to make sure things are not hot on the stove, and the water was cool (I should have already put it out for the birds, and this would never have happened, right?) so she was just having a grand old time playing in it and drinking it. As I said, for sale, cheap!

No comments: