Monday, February 16, 2009

What a nice rainy weekend it has been! Luckily, we didn't get the snow on the valley floor like they were predicting, but we got plenty of rain! The airport logged in almost 2 1/2 inches with this storm, and there are still a couple more days of rain. Of course, we are 10+ inches behind schedule, so it won't solve the drought!
I was planning a trip to Susanville this weekend, but put it off - they were advising up to two feet of snow in the mountains. Four wheel drive will only get you so far! Maybe next weekend, we will try to get up. Since it was a dreary day, I sat down and watched the NASCar race yesterday, and worked on my doily. I don't remember the last time I did that! Most of the names of the racers aren't even that familiar! It was a good excuse to sit down and do nothing for the afternoon, at least. I finished the doily last night - 24 inches across. About half way through this one, I decided it would have looked better in a smaller thread size, but it was too late!
I did get the call to go and rescue the campers yesterday morning. Not much earlier than was originally scheduled. The leader said it was kind of like the three little pigs story. One tent blew over, one sprang a leak, and the adult tent was nice and snug and cosy! You tell them, and you tell them, and you tell them, but....do they listen? The winds picked up (as forecast!) about 4:00 a.m., and the tents that didn't get staked down (like they should have been) had issues. The boys all climbed into the gear trailer and finished up the night there. All in all, considering the weather, it turned out pretty well. One of the boys I hauled home even said that is was a fun camp-out! (That was not my son, trust me!) Alex came home and climbed in a hot shower for a half hour, and then recovered very quickly.

No comments: