Sunday, February 22, 2009

We had a beautiful day yesterday -warm and dry. We are back to rain today, but that is okay. I did get my roses trimmed, which was one of the few things on my to-do list for yard work. I got almost nothing done inside yesterday, but...it is still waiting for me today.

Alex got in from the Klondike yesterday about 6:00 p.m. - they took 2nd place in the sled race! I think they started out with 3 boys pulling, and one pushing (Alex) and crossed the line with just the pusher! They lost the smallest scout early in the race, and lost the last two big scouts right at the end. Alex said he almost ran over one - Dylan fell and rolled out of the way, but Isaac just fell. They lost to the first team by about 5 seconds, and the third team was another 3 seconds behind them. Alex said he thinks they placed around 7th over all - not bad - I think there were about 20 troops there. Theirs is also a smaller troop. They just took one patrol up - about 12 kids I think. Some of the larger troops had 4 or 5 patrols along. (I can't imagine trying to keep track of that many kids!!)

I was such a slug yesterday, I am going to have to get moving this morning to catch up. I did work on the baby afghan that I am making - the baby shower is in 2 weeks, so I have better get going on it seriously! I am over halfway done, but I want to make little booties to go with it too. I know - I've got to get busy! I've also been working on a doily, but I don't think I'm going to finish it. It is made with double-triple stitches and clusters, and I don't even like triple crochet, much less double-triple! It is a pretty pattern, so I may eventually make it, but....I can't drum up any enthusiasm for it right now!

No comments: