Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My clock is fixed! Ralph got the quartz workings in, and on Sunday replaced the mechanical clock part. (Too busy on Saturday - the house was full of boys!) I took a video last night so you can here the chimes. I hope it turns out okay - I didn't actually test the videos on the new camera, so - here's the test!

Alli "helped" me make Alex's birthday cake. Good thing he wanted a yellow cake - she would have been a bigger mess if it was chocolate batter. I've been having her stir the eggs up when I cook her breakfast, and she is fascinated by the flame on the gas stove. Too fascinated! Any time I have a burner on, she is in the kitchen staring at it. Usually, she is content to just watch it from behind the island, but she has been know to try to get a bit closer to it. She is very respectful of heat, so she doesn't try to touch it, but I worry she might get that curly hair a bit too close! She even gets a bit frustrated when someone (like me, when I'm cooking!) gets between her and the flame.

I know that the rest of the country is having awful weather, but we have had Spring weather this week! It was in the 70's yesterday, and is supposed to stay in the 60's & 70's for the week. On Sunday, I took the dogs for a walk, and snapped a picture of Mt. Lassen - gorgeous! Hard to believe this is the mountain we climbed in September!

1 comment:

Cloud 9 said...

I could hear the chimes loud and clear. So beautiful!
Kim