Monday, January 19, 2009

For the first time in a long time, I spent a weekend away without taking the kids! I went up to Susanville this weekend, and AJ had scouting things he needed to do, so he couldn't got with me and babysit his sister for me. Since I was going up to help initiate my brother into Eastern Star on Saturday night, he couldn't babysit Alli for me, and since Dad was never a good baby sitter, and he just had back surgery on Monday - not a chance! Ralph had to stay home with both kids and run AJ around town for various scouting functions.
We did get Dave initiated - just a few bumps along the way. Here is a picture from after the meeting. He cleaned up pretty good! I know he won't stay this way too long!
Mom and I did a quick run into to town, and I picked up a toy for Koori at the Dollar Tree. She likes soft toys, but at home, she and Jasper play tug-of-war, and they get shredded quickly. Since I didn't take Jasper with me - just Koori, she got a toy all to herself. She didn't seem all that excited about it at Mom's, but when we got home, she growled at Jasper when she got too close to "her" toy. Jasper walked around her toy after that. So far, it hasn't been destroyed, so I guess it worked!

No comments: