Saturday, December 13, 2008

I think I need a vacation from my vacation! I took Wednesday, Thursday and Friday off - and was busy the entire time! Wednesday was shopping - and wrapping (my least favorite part!) I did get all the shopping done and put under the tree! Thursday was tying up loose ends - chasing the few elusive presents I missed on Wednesday, and lunch with Ralph. As luck would have it, just as I got home from town after lunch, AJ called - wrestling practise was cancelled, could I pick him up? Back in to town! Thursday was my driving day!

Friday.....was baking day. I started at a little after 8:00 (after I took the kids to school and daycare) and I finished cleaning up the kitchen around 5:00 - just before everyone got home. I baked sugar cookies, chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter cookies, chocolate chewy cookies with peanut butter chips, macaroons, and biscotti (with the biscotti and macaroons dipped in melted chocolate - yum!). I also cooked up the turkey carcass and made homemade soup for dinner, and got a couple of batches of Holiday Tea ready for gifting - including washing all the cups that I had laying around (about 40 or so!). After dinner, I worked on a few more gloves.

Today, Veronica, Meredith and Renee will be coming with their kids to decorate the sugar cookies, and make a few Christmas ornaments. This is our annual tradition -started when AJ and Caroline were in Daycare together years ago. I can't remember if I started it before they started school or after, but it seems like forever! I still need to get the family packages put together - a plate of cookies, a snowflake, a cup with Holiday Tea, and some gloves.

No comments: