Tuesday, December 09, 2008


I feel like I have not really written anything interesting on the blog lately, but that may be because I haven't done anything interesting! I have been working hard on getting ready for Christmas. I finished up some small stockings for co-workers. These are simple six-sided granny squares (I know, that makes them granny hexagons, but that sounds funny!) sewn together and stuffed with a candy cane. Pretty quick! I need to make some more up, but....when? I think I still need a couple more snowflakes, and I still to stiffen about 30 or so that I have done. Cookie baking is set for this week, as I have kids showing up on Saturday to decorate cookies and make an ornament. (Note to self -pick up something for the kids to decorate!) Good thing I have the next three days off! They will pass by in a flurry of cleaning, shopping and baking, I think!
Also on my list of things to do - write the annual Christmas letter, do my Christmas cards, scan in the portraits we had done at Wal-mart, so I can show off my family, do all my Christmas shopping (I have not done any shopping yet!) clean house, clean out my car, get the oil changed, etc. Good thing I am taking some time off to relax, right?

No comments: