Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I am so glad today is a vacation day! Alli was falling asleep last night on the couch, so I put her to bed at 8:30. She got her second wind at 9:30 (when Ralph went to bed), her third wind at 10:30, her fourth wind at 11:30......I didn't think I was ever going to get her to go to sleep! I think the last time I got up with her was a little after midnight. She did let me sleep in until 7:00 today, to make up for it! She was very happy - laughing and giggling and bouncing on the bed. I only got up with her when she tried to leave her room. (No, she cannot have free reign of the house in the dark! She would like to though - especially the refrigerator!) She seems a bit subdued this morning, but I am sure she will wake up after I feed her some breakfast. (I am hoping it works for me as well - I'm tired!)

I got good news on my brother on Monday. A couple of weeks ago, he walked out in the garage and saw what he thought was two of their cats fighting. He grabbed the adult cat to protect the kitten, and....it wasn't their cat. About that time, the cat bit him and ran. Of course, it was a stray - no way to know if it had been vaccinated against rabies. Dave had until this Monday to capture the cat, or he would have to start the rabies treatment on Tuesday. Late Monday afternoon, he caught the cat! Sad for the cat, but happy for Dave! (Also sad for George - the kitten - Dave probably won't break up the fight next time, and George will get clobbered!)

No comments: