Sunday, December 14, 2008


Another annual cookie party survived! The 'kids' have all grown up! It is amazing how grown-up they look! Since we haven't seen Jerika since she moved to Oklahoma (about 2 1/1 years ago) she was probably the most changed. We seen the Derby girls a couple of times a year, but Emma has really matured lately too! Poor Renee' was shocked about how tall everyone was! She hasn't seen the kids since she left either! Jerika is only about 5'5" - Alli is almost as tall! Emma was here in between soccer games, so she is all decked out in her uniform. Since this is the last weekend for her games, she didn't bother changing, and I don't think she even got any pain on it!


Okay - they grew up, but they haven't matured yet - they are still kids! I think they really enjoyed hanging out together again.

They all decorated at least one ornament, and almost all of them decorated a lot of sugar cookies. Rosemary is an artiste, and took her time and made beautiful cookies - three of them, I believe. The rest of the 6 dozen + were decorated by the others. The ornaments this year were colored balls, with frosted paint and foam stickies. The first one here - the silver with the bows - met a sad fate. Allison decided to check it out as it was drying by the stove. This year, since the kids were older, I bought glass balls. It was the only casualty though, I think!



Did I mention that they haven't matured? Yes, that is Alex in the background - who knew he was a photo-hog?
Here is the cookie decorating table - lots of fun here too! What amazed me most was the clean-up. It didn't take me a long time to clean up, and there wasn't even a lot of sugar on the floor - maybe they are growing up!

And here is poor Jasper - isn't one of those for me?????

No comments: