Thursday, November 27, 2008

It's a cold foggy day here today - such a change! Yesterday was warm and sunny in the morning, with the clouds moving in in the afternoon - just in time for a gorgeous sunset! Since my desk at work faces West, I can watch the sunset from work - a big bummer! Something about working through the sunset - not good! The good news - I can stop and stare at the sunset, and everyone thinks I am reading something on my computer screen! We actually do take a few moments and notice the sunset collectively in my department, so I guess it isn't all bad to still be at work!

I still have a cheesecake to make for today. It was on my "list of things to do" last night after work, and it just didn't happen. I had a nail appointment and got home around 7:30, and went to bed around 9:30. I need more energy! Of course, yesterday was another day that Alli was up early, so I guess I had been awake my fair share of the day! I did get to sleep in this morning. Alli got up around 6:00, so I got about an extra hour. Now - to go make a cheese cake!

I actually need to make two cheesecakes - one for today and one for tomorrow. Today, we are going to Ralph's family's Thanksgiving, and tomorrow I am cooking a turkey dinner for us. Ralph is actually cooking the turkey part - I have to work. I have to make the 'fixin's' for the dinner after I get home. Since it is just us, I am not making a lot of side dishes - mashed potatoes, dressing, cranberry sauce, broccoli, gravy, pumpkin pie, and a cheesecake. (Alex is insisiting that he wants both!) Easy! I got a 14 pound turkey, so we should have lots of leftovers! This year, Ralph would like to brine the turkey before cooking it - something I have never tried. (I didn't know he was paying attention to the cooking shows I was watching, really!)

No comments: