Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Monday was a holiday for the bank, so I got to take the day off - without kids! I know, I had last Monday off without kids, too, but this felt different. Last week, it took me all day on Tuesday to catch up from taking Monday off. This time, the bank was closed, so I won't be playing catch-up today!

I went in to Alli's classroom yesterday and met with the teacher and most of the aides. Unfortunately, Alli got upset, so I left after about 20 minutes. When I came in to pick her up after school - the first thing the aide asked when I walked in was what did we do to make her stop screaming. It seems she never did calm back down again even after I left. Poor teachers! I brought Alli home, and she was still cranky. She wanted a snack, so I held out both hands, one with goldfish crackers in it, and one with Chex mix in it. She picked up the goldfish and put them with the Chex mix, and then pushed that hand away and screamed. Lord knows what she wanted, but she got Chex mix.

She ate a little of that, and I made her go get on the Treadmill. She walked for about 10 minutes, but she wasn't happy there either. After I let her off, she was quiet for a while at least (maybe she thought that if I didn't hear her, I wouldn't make her walk any more?) She calmed down a bit any way. After Ralph and AJ got home, she asked to get on the Treadmill! (Okay - she went and got on it and stamped her foot - but that counts for me!) The little stinker then walked for over 20 minutes! AJ said she walked over 0.6 of a mile! She then went in and took a nap! She was ever so much less cranky after that!

I even did some shopping -without kids! I found the last pair of my size dress pants that Penney's had, as far as I could tell. They had plenty of every other size - so there must be a lot of size 12 (yay!) tall people running around in Redding. I found some blouses too - all on sale! It was a good shopping day! I even cleaned up stuff around the house, and worked on some crochet projects. I was busy! Now, I have to go back to work. Bummer! This is AJ's last week for soccer, so at least I won't have to be running him into town at 5:40 every morning after this. That will help a lot!

No comments: