Sunday, September 14, 2008

What a wasted day yesterday! I woke up with a migraine, and got almost nothing done! Alli and I did our normal shopping - where she was winning friends everywhere! At the grocery store check out line, she was doing her 'Allison be-bop' and a lady asked me if she could see. I guess her 'be-bop' does look like Stevie Wonder's movements! She was very good all day - one minor mishap - she fell down the steps onto the patio. I think she bruised her elbow, but that was all I could see. She almost managed to catch herself, so it wasn't her normal 'fall flat on her face' kind of fall.
Ralph ordered a new exercise machine for Allison last night. He has been looking on-line at machines that mimic riding a horse. The therapist that works with her at Triple Creek Ranch has one in her Occupational Therapy office (Therapy Central?), and suggested it to Ralph. Ralph took Alli in to see if she would like it/ride it. She does and did! Now, if it gets used, it might help her! The one she tried in Redding was almost too small for her, so we have a larger machine - different brand - so I hope it works for us! It shouldn't even seem like 'exercise' for her. We are putting in in the living room, and she can sit and watch TV while 'working out'. It won't replace the horse therapy, but that only lasts for 16 weeks of the year, weather permitting.
This picture is from the 6th. I took a dozen pictures to get one that had both Alex and the ball in the picture. It isn't the best quality - but it is an action shot!

No comments: