Thursday, September 11, 2008

Let's see - where was I? Oh yes, just getting started up the mountain! I ended up with about 75 photos from the Mt. Lassen trip - lots and lots! Here's a couple of pictures of Jeff - some things never change. Little Brothers are always Little Brothers! I tried to take a scenic picture, and someone jumped in front of my camera - always a ham!


Here we all - all following Mom and Frieda! We were afraid that if we let them walk in the rear, they would turn around and go home!



Here's how high we were - it seemed like we should be higher than this! Jeff's red car is parked next to my red RAV, so look for the two red cars together - that's us!


We took advantage of every opportunity to rest - every marker must have something exciting to tell us, and it would be rude to not step to the side when people were coming down, wouldn't it?


We stopped here for a longer rest - a water break and some snacks.


The trail started getting steeper - and steeper! (I thought it was steep enough when we started!) Here's where Freida, AJ and I left Jeff and Mom. AJ soon left Frieda and I and climbed to the top by himself - us old fogies were way too slow for him!


And here's the 'real' top of Lassen - we didn't hike over to the ridge with the towers and antennas. I was happy just to get where I did!


Before we left - I finished a doily at the soccer games on Friday. It took me a few days to find the time to block it, though!

No comments: