Sunday, August 17, 2008

What a day! I hate it when things go wrong, and there really isn't anyone to blame but me! I drove down to the Sacramento Airport yesterday to pick up the scouts. When no one I recognized got off the plane, I checked, and AJ wasn't on the flight. I then called Ralph, who called the other parent who was picking up, and they said that they were flying in on SUNDAY. I then drove back home (285 miles round trip) and I get to go down again today to go get them. To add insult to injury - I woke up with a migraine today. It is going to be a lovely day!



AJ did call in last night and told me they were expected to be in at 11:00 a.m. instead of 10:00 a.m., so I have more time to do thing around the house before I leave. On the way home yesterday, I could almost set my clock by the temperature rising. About every 15 minutes, it went up one or two degrees, after about 11:00. It was 102 by the time I got in at 1:00, and even hotter by the afternoon. I didn't get a lot done yesterday!



AJ didn't have a lot of good things to say about their trip, so we will see if it was any fun at all. The leader got sick after sitting by a passenger that coughed on him the whole way out, and then one of the scouts caught it from him, so they were miserable (and if the leader is sick - how does the trip go?). It sounds like there was a problem with one of the campsites AJ reserved, as well. He said they were scammed on the site, and he hates the people of Minnesota - they are all jerks.




This is the way that our new treadmill is being used in the summer heat!



Koori on one of our walks - 'Did you call me Mom?'

2 comments:

another jennifer said...

The cat and I have the same attitude about exercise...though it's unlikely I'll ever find myself in the same room as a treadmill.

Deni J. said...

I have to admit - I don't use it either! We got it 'mainly' for our daughter Alli - so we can make her excercise in the winter. (And 'make' is the right word - she doesn't like excercise either!) Right now, she is swimming on the weekends, and has PE at school (walking the track, etc.), so she is moving some, but once winter sets in, I don't know how much she will get.