Thursday, August 14, 2008

Summer is here! We put it off for a long time, but it is finally here with a vengeance! When I got in my car yesterday after work, the temp read 117. It did drop down to 111 by the time I got home, but I know it was hotter than 117 in my car (dark grey interior!) I know I was hot and tired and cranky! I didn't even take the dogs for a walk last night, since it was so hot - but they didn't get the message. Every time I walked by my shoes, they got all excited. It was even worse when I stopped by the shoe rack, and put on my sandals - they just knew we were going for a walk! Poor things - it was just too warm!



Unfortunately, I have been watching the Olympics. Also, Alli has decided to get up earlier. So - I am going to bed later (12:30 one night!) and Alli is getting up between 5:00 and 5:30 - not much sleep for me! It is also slow at work, so I am doing some projects that I didn't have time for before - and they involve a lot of staring at the computer. I definitely needed a nap yesterday.

I did get my baby blanket done and a pair of booties! I'm not that happy with the booties - they are too large. I could not find any coordinating baby yarn at Wal-Mart or Michaels. I will have to check at Joann's but I don't have a lot of hope. I wanted thinner yarn, but most of the thin baby yarn is the 'soft' style, and I think it is too slick to hold up to the booties. I have pink, green, yellow and white yarn here, but no blue! Oh well - they look cute, even if they won't fit little Barron right now (he was only 6 pounds at birth - just a couple of weeks ago!)

1 comment:

another jennifer said...

Very nice bootees and blankie! I'm sure he'll chunk out quickly and be wearing them in no time.

Do not get me started on poor choices of baby yarns! I really wish we had a better selection in this area.