Saturday, August 09, 2008


More sunsets! This was taken as I was taking AJ in to town (for the last time!) to pick up something for his trip. They are now winging their way to Minnesota as we speak - if they got on the plane any way! I checked and the plane left a few minutes ahead of schedule, but the boys left a bit early themselves, so it should be fine! I had to take AJ in to the scout leader's house at 2:00 a.m. to meet up with them. They took off from Redding about 2:15 - not too bad! I am hoping they have fun and stay safe!
I am glad they are finally off. This trip was harder than any other to get AJ on - mainly because the whole thing was planned by the boys, and they didn't get things done they way they should have. Case in point - AJ's merit badges. They were due no later that 8/1 at noon, and he finished them at 9:15 p.m. on 7/31. No need to hurry! The whole trip was like that. They met all the deadlines, but just barely. They also didn't get any fund raising done (that takes quite a bit or prior planning), so it was a bit more expensive than I thought it was going to be!
On Wednesday, I took the day off and took AJ and Dallas to the Bodies Revealed exhibit at Turtle Bay. I think they enjoyed it. It is kind of hard to tell sometimes! I enjoyed it, and I made the boys pose for some pictures afterwards.

No comments: