Thursday, July 24, 2008

Talk about a flying trip! Alli and I left here yesterday at 6:40 a.m., and AJ, Alli and I got back at 7:00 p.m. Alli did great for being in the car that long. The smoke followed me almost all the way to Ft Bragg. Ft. Bragg itself was gorgeous - sunny and windy and cool - about 65 degrees. I didn't stay long to visit though. I talked with Sarah for a bit at the house, and fed Alli some lunch, and then we went by the clinic to say "Hi" to Ronna - she was just getting ready to start a surgery, so we didn't stay long there either. The kids and I went down to Glass Beach, but the tide was in, and it was still fairly crowded, so we didn't even walk down on the beach. (Alli thinks we are torturing her by making her walk anywhere!)



I did get some pictures of the kids at the beach, but they weren't 'happy' pictures! Alli was not impressed with the whole walk to the beach thing.



On the way over, the smoke was a nice thin layer up above the lakes, but on the way back, it had settled on the lakes. The second picture is taken at Lucerne, and you can just barely see the other side of the lake.



I have seen more turkeys this year than all the other times put together! This flock was crossing the road in front of me after getting gas Tuesday night! I also had to stop on between Willits and Ft. Bragg, by Horse Camp, to let a flock cross the road! I also saw several flocks around Redding, and out in the fields on the way over - this must be a good year for turkeys!

No comments: