Sunday, July 06, 2008

Some much for my vacation plans! It looks like I am working next week. Diane called, and her husband will be released from the hospital in San Francisco on Monday or Tuesday, and she would like to stay home with him the first week - and I don't blame her - she needs to stay with him. It just means I need to go in to work next week, instead of weeding the garden, etc. Bummer! I was looking forward to having a few hours in the morning sans Allison to work outside. (Alone - not worrying about what Alli was getting into, etc.)

It also changes my plans to get AJ over to Ronna's any time soon. I need him to babysit Alli for me, as her daycare is closed until the 27th. Poor guy - we have been trying to get him over to Ronna's but something keeps cropping up. Alli is in school this week until noon, and then I need him to watch her for me. Ralph is taking the next week off, and then the following week, AJ has her all day. I am hoping I can move some of my vacation into that week, but I have to look at the schedule at work to tell. Also, in the back of my mind, is the knowledge that someone else in the department may need some time off to go to Oregon for her dad, whenever they have heart surgery scheduled for him. (and July was supposed to be a quiet month!)

Yesterday we went over to Larry and Pat's for a BBQ - it turned out very nice! Alli was mostly good, and the food and company were wonderful! Aunt Inez was there, along with Larry's daughter and Pat's daughter (who lives in Chico, but works out of Wisconsin - or somewhere else, depending on the week. She is a "corporate trainer" and spends most of her life on the road) and granddaughter. A fun day!

It was a much smokier day yesterday than Friday - and it looks like today will be smoky as well. Ralph and AJ are going to meet up with Larry this morning and go up to Shasta Dam to see if they can spot the huge plane that is dropping water on our fires. I guess it is something to see. It can put out 2-3 acres of fire with one water drop (like our lake levels weren't low enough already!)

No comments: