Sunday, July 13, 2008

After fits and starts, AJ is finally over at Ronna's. Even the exchange yesterday took forever! The original plan was for me to meet up with Ronna and Joe in Red Bluff Saturday, early in the morning. After multiple phone calls with delays, they ended up at our house at 6:45 last night and stayed for dinner and left. (Just about that fast, too!) I understand they got the deck finished at Mom's though and it is very nice!




I did get my doily finished - finally! It is about 14 X 16, and took forever to do. I really like the finished doily, but.....the dark blue ran into the white latticework when I blocked it! It isn't really bad, but noticeable! Not only was it tedious to do, there were tons of ends to weave in! Every flower (there are 24) had four ends, and the latticework had about 16 ends, and each of the 16 pineapples had two ends to weave in. I also had a couple of new techniques, so it was a good learning experience!


When I put the doily down to take a photo, I had some help!



Here is another smoke picture I took on Friday, on my way to pick up Alli from her last day of summer school. The fires flared up again Thursday night with the wind, and we had more evacuations on Friday. Luckily, yesterday was a cooler day, with very little wind, so they were able to open a lot of the evacuated areas again.


2 comments:

another jennifer said...

Deni you never cease to amaze me, where do you find the patience for all those ends? What a magnificent doily!

Deni J. said...

Thank you! I've learned to do some of the ends as I go along! I did about half the flower ends at a time, and then saved up all the pineapple ends to do at one time - at the end.