Sunday, June 01, 2008


A lot got accomplished today! AJ was supposed to be working for scout money today, but when we showed up at 8:00 this morning, no one was home. Either AJ got the time and date wrong, or there was a change in plans that didn't get forwarded to him. Since he didn't work at Dave's, we put him to work (just a little bit) at home. He and Dallas helped Ralph put the drip line in for my garden. I planted about 6 weeks ago, and we were still watering from over head, so all the weeds were getting watered too. Maybe now I can get control of the weeds! The garden is looking good - I even have a couple of tomatoes on my plants!


While the guys were putting in the drip line, I trimmed the grass around the pool. That has been needing it for quite a while, as Ralph doesn't like to use the weed eater on it (it gets too much grass in the pool) and with his hands, he can't use hands tools very well (and not regret it!). He had enough problems today. He hurt his ribs last weekend working on the pool, and Saturday at the game, Alli jerked him just hard enough to make them start hurting again. He was not a happy camper. I also took time out to play with the dogs - you almost have to in order to have any time to do any work in the yard. If you don't, they (mainly Jasper) continue to bring you toys and drop them in your lap - just in case!

No comments: