Sunday, June 22, 2008

It's been a productive weekend - sort of anyway! I took Friday off of work and spent most of it cleaning out the garage. Since Ralph is parking the motorcycle in the garage, it was getting pretty crowded in there. AJ helped me load 6-8 boxes and 6-8 large plastic bags of clothes and shoes and take them to Salvation Army. Unfortunately for me, I found out after I drove into town that the drop off that I knew about was closed for the week. (They received a ton of stuff the week before and were trying to process it.) Luckily, the "other" drop off was open, and it it less than a mile from the house. (Of course, if I had remembered that they moved out here, I would have saved myself a trip into town!) After we finished that, and a couple of other projects, AJ and I went back into town for lunch! Our usual lunch together involves Taco Bell, so it was nice to take him to a real restaurant and have a nice lunch. Ralph couldn't join us, so it was just us. Later that evening, he had a birthday party to go to. Some crazy mom allowed at least 15, maybe more (I saw at least that many), 15-16 year old kids at her house for a birthday pool party. She didn't even look too stressed out when I went to pick up AJ - definitely insane!


Since I had to pick AJ up at 10:00 Friday night, and Alli got up at her "normal" time of 5:15, Saturday wasn't very productive. I did work on the garden while Alli napped, but she didn't nap very long, so I didn't get much done there, either. It needs a lot of work. It should have had more work done before I started planting. I need to do some serious cleanup this year after I tear out the garden. I may just have to learn how to run the rototiller too! I have grass coming up everywhere - probably because at one time, it was lawn, as well as nut grass coming up. I think I am going to invest in some clear plastic to put over the garden next spring to kill all the seeds that are there. I don't know if it will work, but I think I will give it a try. If not, Round-up should work on everything too. I just need to start earlier next year to get everything killed before I plant.
I finished up a little project from one of my Yahoo! groups - a thread cloche. I made it smaller than the pattern called for, because no one around here would wear it - so I will send it to Rachelle! Even if she doesn't wear it, it can be for dress-up or for her dolls. It turned out cute - it just isn't something I would wear! Alli wasn't too impressed either - probably because it was a bit small and I tugged it on her and took pictures.

No comments: