Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I think summer is here. The heat has begun! According to the thermometer in the RAV, it was 96 yesterday in town. The thermometer on the back patio had about 93. When I got in from work (mo more soccer practises after work!) I threw Alli in the pool for about a half hour to get a little exercise. She definitely enjoyed it!

I also got a call from her summer school teacher last night. She was trying to contact all the parents to try to have a head start on the knowing the kids. She has 16 kids in the classroom for 4 weeks, with 4 or 5 other adults with her. She knows none of the kids, and only two of the adults. It is going to be an interesting 4 weeks for her. As she said,m the hardest part is it takes the first two weeks for the kids to settle down in a new place, with a new teacher and new routines, so she won't be meeting many "goals" the kids have in their IEP's. When she asked what goals I had for Alli for summer school, I told her all I was looking for was keeping her in a routine, and keeping up the expectations that she do things when she is asked to do them. I think Alli is allowed to rule the roost at daycare, so she needs someone making her do things during the summer, so real school isn't a big shock! The teacher sounds nice. I will have to make a point of going up there to meet her.

Ralph isn't riding the bike to work yet. He just ordered a new helmet for himself, so will wait for that to come in. He has been "bonding" with it after dinner, and as much as he could this weekend. He has spent much of that time cleaning it up and working on little things that need to be fixed. He has even bid on a new BMW oil filter on eBay, so we will see if he wins it. He has a lot of other accessories that he is watching on eBay, but I don't think he has bid on any yet.

AJ seems to be pretty interested in the bike, too. I think he would like to be driving that when he gets his license, instead of a car. I checked into one of the local driving schools, and the complete "package" for getting driver's training is about $615.00! Another local school is about $300.00. AJ is turning into an expensive kid! I doubt that we do the "package" deal, but I really had no idea it was that expensive! He will be 15 1/2 next month, so we could start his driver's training now, but....maybe we'll wait!

No comments: