Monday, June 23, 2008

I didn't get any more weeds cut down in the garden yesterday, but I did get my carpets cleaned! They never look as good as when the professionals do it, but they look a lot better. I ran out of stain remover, or they would have looked even better. Not too bad for my weekend - lots of stuff accomplished! Now, off to face another week of work!

Next weekend will see a goal of mine completed - climbing Mt. Lassen. My Mom decided she wanted to climb it for her birthday, so most of us (I'm not sure who all is actually coming) are going to climb with her. I know Ronna is coming over, and AJ and I are going up. I don't know if Dave and Jeff will meet up with as well, but it would be nice if they did. I've always wanted to climb it, but I just never made the time to do it. This seems like a good time to me!

We are all smoked in this morning. None of the fires are really close - the closest ones are in Shingletown and in the Igo-Ono area, but we probably are catching smoke from all the fires. There were something like 400+ fires in the Shasta Trinity District started with our lovely thunderstorm we had Saturday. Since we sit right in the middle of Shasta - and Trinity is just up the hills from us - we get all the smoke. (Living at the tip of the valley doesn't help a lot either - the mountains trap the smoke in the valley.)

Ralph and AJ went into the Sundial Bridge on Saturday. Ralph had purchased tickets to win a new Toyota, and they went in to watch the drawing. While they were there, lightning stuck the bridge, and they could hear the current running down the cables in the bridge. This was about 3 seconds after they got off the bridge. No one was actually touching the cables at that moment, but it would have been easy enough to do - scary! (Ralph didn't win his hybrid SUV. There were only 7,500 tickets sold - raising money for Turtle Bay, so he had a decent chance, since he bought 3 tickets.)

1 comment:

Lisa Young said...

I hope the climb up the mountain is beautiful!! Never been there myself to do that either! Have fun - hopefully there's not too much panting..! ;)