Monday, June 16, 2008

Allison just loves to go to Grandma's house! Grandma always has such good things for her - like an entire jar of jelly beans! The kids and I went up to Susanville for Father's Day. When we got there and got settled in, I asked AJ to watch Alli for me while Mom showed me around her garden area. I seriously over-estimated his patience with watching his sister, and "assumed" he was still watching her, when in reality, he was in playing on the computer. Mom, Dad and I were sitting out in the patio, and my brother David came to the door and said "Deni - I need your help in here." That usually only means one thing - Alli is into something. This time, it was Mom's jar of jelly beans - a very large glass jar of jelly beans that were now scattered all over the living room carpet, in Dad's chair, and all over (and in!) Allison. I have no idea how many she ate. There were a lot on the floor and chair, and very few left in the jar. Evidently, since she had so many, if she found one she didn't like, she just spit it out. There were quite a few she didn't like! They were stuck all over her shirt and shorts, and on Dad's chair. She was a very happy mess! Needless to say, she didn't eat a lot of lunch either! I was really wishing I got pictures, but I decided I really needed to clean up the mess, rather than document it! Maybe next time (and I am sure there will be a next time!)






I did get another doily finished. This one took me a while! It is about 24 inches across, and could have been larger, but that is as large as the blocking tile is, so I couldn't stretch it out further. It is called "Weathervane" and I really like the pattern in it.

No comments: